Pages

Tuesday 3 September 2013

A letter from Emma about: Pants

Dear Reader, 

Today's post is all about pants.
Last weekend I went to Greenbelt festival which was full of lots of lovely ethical stores, all of the clothes were not only unique but also had great ethics too.   

I came across a lovely store called Pants to Poverty which makes very cool pants and pyjamas sets as well as doing there bit to make the world a little better.
They do this in so many ways, firstly they buy their cotton from Chetna Organic farmer company. Chetna Organic work with cotton farmers in India and encourage sustainable livelihoods for the farmers. They buy cotton directly from the farmers and also pay for education materials in the local village schools. Pants to Poverty then work with a garment factory in India called Armstrong. Armstrong ensure that workers have a real wage, and are carbon neutral. 

So here are my pants.. well to be more specific pyjama shorts.

 

Sexy Boxer Pants £10

"We’ve got a very English name. In England, in case you didn’t know, Pants are not trousers, but they are underwear. However, more than that, if something is pants, then that means it’s terrible! So, “Pants to Poverty” means Poverty is terrible, as well as saying that they are fairtrade and organic underpants! "

I just think that the pants and company are pretty cool. 

Yours,

Emma Dilemma

P.S. Quote of the day- "A business that makes nothing but money is a poor kind of business."
- Henry Ford

12 comments:

  1. They look great Em! You should blog about all the Toms in your life sometime too. There's Tom, Tom, Toms and TomTom. I think that'd make a great blog post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nat. Hahaa that would be a funny blog post, I think I might to that. Toms (the company) have great ethics too!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post :)

    Like your blog! Would you like to follow each other? :)

    XO MP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :).

      Yes I would love that, I am looking forward to reading your blog.

      X

      Delete
  4. Haha love that you've done a post about pants!! Just started following you :) x

    www.witty-woman.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :).

      Looking forward to reading your blog.

      X

      Delete
  5. I came across this company at a green fair I went to in London last year - such a great idea and a lovely team of folks promoting it by prancing around unselfconsciously in their pants :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they were lovely, very pleasant! I just really liked their ethics and thought it would be great if more fashion companies were like them.

      Thanks for visiting.

      X

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a fab company. I'm always looking for products like this - although I confess it doesn't stop me buying stuff without 'concience' most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it’s necessary, but like you I am always on the lookout for lovely products and companies like this one… and will keep blogging about them too:).

      X

      Delete
  7. That packaging is really awesome! I'll be checking them out now!

    http://hannahsbeautysweet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's great, some lovely design work there!

      Looking forward to reading your blog.

      X

      Delete