Pages

Friday 26 July 2013

A letter from Emma about: Retail Royalty Challenge



This month Money Supermarket kindly donated £30 to spend on my chosen charity. So, I thought it would be fitting do spend the money for a place where I do voluntary art therapy. The Garage Art Group based in Evesham, the charity uses the medium of art to encourage health and well-being with individuals who are suffering from mental illness or learning difficulties.


 First I went to the charity shops to see what I could find for the group. Sue Ryder have a great range of brand new art materials in all of their stores. The group was specifically in need of some acrylic paint and paintbrushes, I found this set which I thought was perfect.


Originally £14.99 reduced to £7.50


 Half price, and the money for the art supplies goes to another charity. YAY.

N.b. If you are in ever need of art materials check their range out, unfortunately I did not need any canvases today but the ones in store were of great quality and half price.

After exploring the art stores in town, I decided to make a trip to The Range.  Which is the best valued store EVER especially for art supplies, it is a great place to buy affordable, high quality (this is the important part) art materials. Using cheap paints really does not do your painting any justice.



Winsor & Newton paints £19.99


 Which worked out at £2 a tube. I had been in an art store earlier that day where they were charging £4+ for each tube.


And finally with £2.50 left I brought a few paintbrushes. 



 I will deliver the materials to the group next week. My appreciation goes out to Sue Ryder and The Range for their great variety of art materials, and a big thanks to Money Supermarket for helping a great cause in my community.


 Yours, 

Emma Dilemma


P.S. Quote of the day- "Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life."

- Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment