Pages

Monday 3 June 2013

A leter from Emma about:Tea.

Dear Reader,

On this lovely sunny weekend when charity shop shopping, I had the opportunity to catch up on some much needed tea drinking: yes you can still drink tea when the suns comes out.





Although drinking hot tea initially makes you hotter, it also tells the brain what’s going on and asks the brain to cool the body down. A very brief explanation of a long winded theory, but with the lovely weather forecast due lets drink some tea this week!

This Monday, I had a lovely day in the Cotswolds and visitied a tea room. Which leads me to another good thing about tea… cake!




This got me thinking about all the good things about tea; firstly it's very soicibale. When I was younger I did not like any hot drinks, but when I began work experience I realised that if you drink tea you get more breaks. It seems like the sociable thing to do and it kind of just stuck.

I am so glad it did. When doing a counselling degree we had to bring in something which represented out identity, and I brought in a tea bag. When reflecting about any problems or dilemmas in my life, it seems to be solved around tea. Often beginning with the sentence “Shall I put the kettle on?”

I think tea acts as a distraction when talking about something, it stops you thinking about the main problem and makes the environment less formal. In a world where teenagers are growing up on the xbox and people are less sociable, we really do need to celebrate tea!  It brings people together, you can invite many people over for a cup of tea without breaking the bank. It's quali-tea...sorry I could not resist.





Tea drinking is therapeutic in a way, and I think it’s a shame that you are not allowed any food or drink in the counselling room. Anyway, I guess tea drinking provides us with therapy which isn’t over analysed or expensive.

 Maybe, I am indecisive about being a counsellor because you can’t drink tea… 

Hmm, I'll put the kettle on and think about it. 

So adios fellow bloggers, hopefully see you again. 

Yours, 

Emma Dilemma.


P.S. Quote of the day - “You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy tea and that’s kind of the same thing”.
- Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment